Thursday 2 March 2017

Hannah's Writing

Hannah's Writing 

Tena Koutou katoa

Ko Takitimu te maunga   (My mountain is)
Ko oreti the awa (My river is)
Ko scotland e iwi (My tribe is)
Ko Murihiku the marae (My marae is)
Ko Winton toku Kainga (My hometown is)
Ko Fiona toko mama
Ko Kyle toko papa
Ko Diane ra ko Lesley oko nanny
Ko Owen ra ko Kelly oko Koro
Ko Hannah Thorburn toku ingoa No reira tena koutou, tena koutou ka toa

Ronald McDonald Family Room Southland - Hannah and Georgia

Just a reminder to all the parents in our community that offered to cook for the Ronald McDonald Family Room for week one August the 5th your food will have to be at school between the times of 11:30 and 12:30 in the pavilion for us to package and be sent down to the house. Please remember that you have to send the list of ingredients to school with your meal so it can be labeled before being sent down. Thank you very much we could not have started this project without your help.

List of parents cooking below:


Fiona Thorburn
(Cheese Biscuits)
Emma Campbell
(Baking/Dessert)
Emma Campbell
(Cheese Rolls)
Anderson- Keerite
(Mini loafs)



Athletics day
“ Girls time to get up” said dad. Do we have to I said, Yes it is athletics day. Yah I quickly get up and get ready. Getting all my gear ready as I head out the door. The time has come we are going to Dipton to fight for the swale shield.


We have just arrived at Dipton school. All you can see are groups of Limehills and Dipton kids. From the corner of my eye I spot Maisie and Georgia I run over to them and ask them what I am meant to be doing. Hi and welcome to our annual athletics day said Mr Crane. The day was just about to start.


On your marks get set go yelled Mr Crane. The little kids are running the 60m track like little cheetahs. They kept looking back to make sure they were beating their components. The parents were saying good job you have just about finished your race. They were running back puffing and talking to each other telling them what placing they got.


Click Click I am following the little kids to their events  to take photos for our school newsletter. I went ot the egg and spoon race and then the sack races. I got lots of photos of them competing. I started to work my way around the school. I got to shot put and all you could hear were them thumping and landing on the ground.


Time for shot put. I have lots and of of butterflies in my stomach. I put the camera down and picked up the 2kg ball.
“Hannah put your chicken wing up” said Mrs Strachn. I start to bend my knees and throw with all my effort but the shot put go’s out the boundary lines. My last turn comes I bend my knees and throw, boom the shot put hit the ground. Yah I got a 3. Mrs Strachn calls me over so she can write my score on my card. I was very proud of myself.


Discus time. We head over to Mrs Brand so we could get all the information we needed for discus. Hannah your turn said Mrs Brand. I pick up the discus step into the circle and throw. You could see the discus flying through the sky. Good job say all the girls as I walk past. I am very proud of myself for achieving my athletics goal.


Relays have just started. You could hear the relay bats hitting against each other . Mr Crane calls out adult relays. Now all the kids are trying to find their parents so they can force them to do the Limehills relays. Nicky Churstain, Noel Mcfarlane, Bleur Vining and Emma Hammond volunteered. We were coming first and then the baton got passed on to Nicky and on the 2nd corner she got passed by the Dipton father. Even know we come second we are all very proud of our parents that contributed for us.
Running around the field yelling out Limehills. We have won the swale shield. We are so happy that we have won for the 4th year in a row

Ronald McDonald Family Room- by Hannah and Georgia

Thank you to everyone that has offered to cook for the Ronald  McDonald Family Room (down below). It is really appreciated. Your meals will have to be at school on the Fridays that you're cooking for between the times of 11:30 - 12:00 so I can label the meals and package it up into the polybin so it can be sent  down to the Ronald McDonald Family Room. More information will be coming.

Weekend 1

Fiona Thorburn
(Suggestions)
Emma Campbell
(Cheese Rolls)
Emma Campbell
(Suggestions)
Weekend 2

Jasmine Hamilton
(Scones)
Fiona Thorburn
(Baking/Dessert)
Cooper family
(Lasagne)
Weekend 3

Kirsty Smith
(Suggestions)
Bernie Rodger
(Fish Pie)
Bernie Rodger
(Baking or Dessert)
Weekend 4

Anderson - Keerite Family
( Mini Sultani Loafs)
Linda Caldwell
(Fish Pie)
Linda Caldwell
(Baking or Dessert

We have got some more spaces free for these weeks. If you would like to bake for the Ronald McDonald Family Room please put your name in the space that suits you the most. If you have any other ideas please list them below as well

                                      Cheese Rolls /Scones/   Pies/ Mince/ Stew         Suggestions
                                      Mousetraps             
Weekend 3



Weekend 4






No comments:

Post a Comment